Charging system

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charging system

I have a 92 F-150 and I am having charging problems. I have had the Alternator check twice, and the Battery has been check twice both our in good shape. I have check all wiring. Some one has taken out the fusses that our in line before I bought the truck. I have maid sure every wire has been tested and they all our in good shape and the plug ins also. I removed the two cables from the Alternator and tested them while running now power. According to ford these line our hot all the time because they come from the Battery to the Alternator and they our the ones that keep the Battery charged . I load tested the system nothing. Now remember I have had the Alternator check twice and the Battery check twice ? The Alternator is only a year old. After I put the new on it worked grate but nothing nothing now.. .... . I have check with several shops and they have no answer for me. Get your thinking caps on? Thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's VERY difficult to read. You should correct the spelling & grammar, or you'll probably never get any useful replies. I can tell that you use "our" where it should be "are", but it's still too confusing to follow what you're saying.

But as a generic response to charging system questions, read these captions:

Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 97 with 4.6L, when I changed my injetor seals my battery light came on and stays on the charging system has been checked and has no problems and I installed 8 more grounds to the engine and body is thier a code I need to clear or is thier somthing I'm missing???

Old 02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by toxic150
I have a 97 with 4.6L, when I changed my injetor seals my battery light came on and stays on the charging system has been checked and has no problems and I installed 8 more grounds to the engine and body is thier a code I need to clear or is thier somthing I'm missing???
What was checked with the charging system ? ( I am guessing the alt output voltage ).

Did they check the alternator field fuse when they checked it ?
- I am guessing not, as who ever "checked" it says there are no problems, even though the light is on.

If this tests good with a meter on both pins on the back of the fuse while installed, next is to check the alternator connector.
With the older wire, sometimes if it get smacked while doing other work, it can cause issues with the connector.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...nator-why.html

Quick Reply: Charging system