Moon Roof won't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moon Roof won't work

I have a 2000 Expedition and the moon roof won't work. I haven't checked any fuses or relays yet because all the other parts on that circuit is working i.e. the power windows, flip windows, rear wiper. running board lights and the interior lights. I checked the power to the moon roof switch in the roof console. There are two wires that have 5 volts going to them. They are both white/ red stripe. Thanks<><

Previously nothing on this circuit was working. One day this week it was raining and when my wife turned the car off and the fan blower kept blowing. Had to take off the batt. cable to stop it. I was told by the local dealer that water in the GEM was a common cause for the blower problem and could be the problem for the other circuit.
I took out the GEM and checked for corrosion or other water problems and there was none obvious. I unsnapped the clips and prysed it open some and the inside connections were shiny like new. I found a bad battery saver relay and when it was replaced everything worked except the moon roof. Now about 4 hours later I checked it and none of that circuit is working. That is power windows, flip windows, moon roof, rear wiper, running board lights or interior lights. I am really put tired of chasing this problem. Some help would be appreciated.<><

Last edited by redbone1019; 01-29-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: more information
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointed!

I know I'm new to this forum, but I thought with 46 views that someone would offer to help with my problem. I suppose everyone is as lost as I am.<><

Quick Reply: Moon Roof won't work