HELP!! very very annoying beeping

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!! very very annoying beeping

i crashed my truck, i lost traction and slid into a guardrail at 10 mph, both air bags went off and the little plastic part of the bumper was broken :/.. now i get it back and everything looks fine but there is an annoying beeping sound when i turn the key on. it beeps 5 times then pause then 5 beeps again severely times. no check engine light and no airbag light. seat beat light is on when the seat belt is unbuckled, when i buckle it, it goes off..but sometimes when i unbuckle it the light doesn't go back on. i have no idea but the beeping is very annoying..

Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

the seatbelt light not coming back on is normal, well I say that as my 2010 exhibits the same behavior.

Before your crash, did the truck make the beeping noise when you left the keys in?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by ncTidalWave
the seatbelt light not coming back on is normal, well I say that as my 2010 exhibits the same behavior.

Before your crash, did the truck make the beeping noise when you left the keys in?
no, only it started beeping right after the crash and when i got it back today from carstar.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 PM

huh.... The reason I ask is that it should have made a beeping noise when you left the keys in it, and I suspect that when you took your truck in to be fixed, they fixed your beeper. Which, if I understand you correctly, you were lucky enough to have disabled somehow before your accident

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM
huh.... The reason I ask is that it should have made a beeping noise when you left the keys in it, and I suspect that when you took your truck in to be fixed, they fixed your beeper. Which, if I understand you correctly, you were lucky enough to have disabled somehow before your accident
i have an 03 and everything was perfect before the crashed..no warning lights or beeping and the passenager light work too. now its beeping and their no warning lights on.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Ok, so maybe I misunderstood you. What I'm trying to find out is: did your truck EVER beep, for any reason. Especially if you turned the truck off and left the keys in the ignition?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok, so maybe I misunderstood you. What I'm trying to find out is: did your truck EVER beep, for any reason. Especially if you turned the truck off and left the keys in the ignition?
it never beeped constantly, only if i had the door open or the lights left on with the keys out..the constant beeping now is only with the key in the on position, it doesn't have to be running for it to beep.

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM

ah ha! Found this on another forum:

"If the lamp doesn't function, and the system detects a fault somewhere in the SRS, the restraints control module will signal the cluster to chime 5 times.. S/B 5 sets of five tones.. If your getting the audible tones and no lamp function the DTC's (trouble codes) need to be retrieved from the control module through the vehicle diagnostic connector with a scan tool. For SRS issues with a functioning indicator lamp, you can count the lamp flashes or LFC's for a trouble code and direction to go.. "

found here on page 2:

http://www.fordforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5625

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 PM
thank you very much.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM

your welcome

Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
That info is in the vehicle owner's manual....

Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
That info is in the vehicle owner's manual....
Thanks projectSHO89 for the most obvious information, but, I do not have an owner's manual nor do I have a printer to kill printing the 281 page owner's manual.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lightningx54
Thanks projectSHO89 for the most obvious information, but, I do not have an owner's manual nor do I have a printer to kill printing the 281 page owner's manual.
Download it from Ford in PDF, so you have one and just use it electronically ( like this forum ).

Old 09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Download it from Ford in PDF, so you have one and just use it electronically ( like this forum ).
Thank you SSCULLY, but I do have the PDF manual too and its actually easier to ask the forums then look through that PDF.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by lightningx54
Thank you SSCULLY, but I do have the PDF manual too and its actually easier to ask the forums then look through that PDF.
..and, when the information asked for is in the owner's manual, you will be told to RTFM! Don't be so friggin' lazy.

Quick Reply: HELP!! very very annoying beeping