Need 04' FX4 Sunroof schematic

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need 04' FX4 Sunroof schematic

Sunroof will run in open direction but not in the close direction. Did some troubleshooting at the motor/control board. At motor connector have 2 leads (blue/blk) with 12vdc, 1 (black) lead GRND, 1 common ( grey/org) going to front overhead console control switch, 1 lead (Tan/red) for the open direction and 1 lead (white/red) for the close direction. When trying to close the directional control relay on the control board does not pick-up. Finally decided there must be something wrong with board and bought Reman. motor/board assy. To my surprise the new one has the exact same symptoms. WHAT AM I MISSING??? Is my luck that bad that I get a replacement with the same problem???

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by USMC_6483; 09-06-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you test the switch to make sure it's sending the CLOSE signal to the motor? Wh/R should have ~5VDC (VREF) whenever the ACCY DLY relay is on but the CLOSE switch is NOT pressed. When pressed, it should drop to 0VDC (Br/Or SIGRET). If it doesn't drop all the way, try jumpering Wh/R to Br/OR (a paperclip should work) to see if the motor responds. If so, replace the switch.

Check fuses 2.22 (10A) & 2.401 (30A).

The LG/Y and Bk wires on the switch are just for illumination.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply..
I have tested the switch, it checks good.
I'v actually been jumpering it out at the motor connector, thereby ruling out the wiring also. The voltage on the open/close leads is 12vdc going to the switch. It seems I have everything(voltages) at the connector,
(2) blu/blk wires with 12vdc (wondering why they sent 2 wires to the Motor/PCB), 1 blk wire for ground and 3 control wires to the switch

Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here is the diagram to give you an idea of what is going on

This is why if you jumper the wires at the roof opening panel module, you will know which direction to go. If jumpering the switch common to the close / tilt pin does not work, there is a problem with the module.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 09-06-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks Sscully for the print, its exactly what I needed to confirm my bad luck of buying a replacement motor/module with the same problem. Still a little hard for me to believe, but I'll exchange and hopefully have better luck with the replacement.haha

Thanks again for the quick responses!!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Mystery solved...Apparently new units need the limits "programmed"before they operate in the closed direction. To do this is simple--just install the unit and depress and hold the open button. The sunroof does a complete cycle of movement...back,forward,up,down to set the limits. (found this out by frustration and discuss). All is well now. Unfortunately there is/was no documentation with the units pointing out that the unit needed to operate thru this cycle to set limits. So I guess my luck is not as bad as my ignorance. lol

Thanks again for the replys

Quick Reply: Need 04' FX4 Sunroof schematic