Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 10:47 AM
Silver Y2K
Question Remote Keyless Entry

When I ordered my truck, I forgot the remote keyless entry. My dealer had ordered it for someone else who didn't buy it, so I got it for a good price. Has anyone else done this, and had it installed elsewhere? Or is it best to have Ford install it? Does anyone know how much they would charge?
TIA

Nick Roth

------------------
Y2K XLT Flareside
Sport Package
4.6L V8
5-Speed
Flowmaster
A.R.E. "Lowrider" Fiberglass Tonneau
Superchip

Old 12-06-2000, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had a Crime Stopper remote starter with keyless entry installed on mine. Much better than the stock remotes. $210 complete with a 1000' range. Nothing like getting in an already warm truck in sub zero temps. I would say that if your total is anywhere near the complete cost I paid, look to get your money back on the keyless entry and get an aftermarket one. Just my 2 cents.
Pooley

------------------
'98 Black F-150 SC w/5.4 ORP, Flareside, Ford Bedliner, factory CD changer, Tow package, power drivers seat, factory running boards (for wife).
Mods/Accessories: Fibrobec fiberglass bed cover
Go Rhino black, one piece brush gaurd
Ventshades (4 piece set)
K&N air filter
Diamond blue head and fog lights
Superchip
Gibson sweptside exhaust
Bosch +4's
Fog light mod

Future Mods:
GY AT/S
Air Force One System
Yes I have the door crack.

[This message has been edited by Pooley (edited 12-06-2000).]

Old 12-06-2000, 04:44 PM
I had remote keyless entry installed on my previous vehicle(95 Explorer) for $81 complete, including a starter kill module at an aftermarket stereo/car alarm store. If your paying more than $100 bucks I'd say look elsewhere.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, still want a Superchip and by golly I'm gonna get one (just as soon and I hit the lottery )

Old 12-12-2000, 04:39 PM
Silver Y2K
Angry

I have tried several places, and no one wants to mess with it because they haven't had any experience with them. I even tried the dealer where I bought it and they said "I don't think we can do those." Looks like I'm going to go the aftermarket route. What are some good ones I should look at? I'm really interested in the keyless entry part, but I guess I might as well go with the alarm as well. Thanks for your replies!!

Old 12-21-2000, 12:44 AM
Banned
I got a quote from my local dealership......... 289 for the complete system and 298 for instalation. that was complete BS. I now travel 30 mile to the other dealership for the better service. they make me sick. but for service 25 extra miles is worth it.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Clearcoat Red
4x2
17 inch Wheels
Stepside, K&N, bedliner
32inch tires,flowmaster,
tint, matching ford sticker
5spd fully loaded, hidden hitch
new spark plugs

Old 12-26-2000, 01:15 PM
Dont the Crimestoppers also disable the theftlock key? So they add an alarm but take away another security measure

Old 01-06-2001, 06:28 PM
i dont know why your dealership could not do those, i have done them and the even come with a book wich tells u wich wires to use, o and i probly charged more than what radio shops do, but i have seen some of there hack jobs so watch out. When i did it i soldered all the connections for factory appearace and longetivity, they use tie connectors and a lot of time they damage wires and that is why i say a hack job. o and by the way ford does not recommmend aftermaket starters as it powers up circuits wich should not be, we have seen gems fried because of that - and that is not warrenty repair either

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2001, 03:12 PM
Silver Y2K
Thanks for your help, guys. I took it back to the dealer and I'm going to get a Viper Alarm and keyless entry. Black f150 offroad: I have a 5-speed so I wont have to worry about the remote start.
Thanks again!!

------------------
Y2K XLT R/C Flareside
Sport Package
4.6L V8
5-Speed
Flowmaster
A.R.E. "Lowrider" Fiberglass Tonneau
Superchip
2" Drop Shackles

Old 01-09-2001, 09:23 AM
Talking

I'm having a Viper installed this weekend ($329.00 with prox sensor & tailgate switch), and I too have the factory remote keyless. They said they couldn't make the keypad on the handle work with the alarm. I've seen this done before though. Who can do that? Or can I just modify my alarm after the install to accomidate(sp?) it?

------------------
--Lariat4WD--

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat
5.4L;auto;3.55LS;Black/Silver;ORP;remote keyless;floor-shift 4wd;Class III;AM/FM/SingleCD
Mods so far:
Lund X-Terminator bug shield; Vent Shade Vent Visors; GTS headlight blackouts; Westin Black step bars; Pendaliner bedliner; Genuine Steel Products (Longtek Engineering) black Safari Grille Guard; GTS Tail Blazer II Slotted taillight covers; Clear corner lenses; under hitch backup lights; 2 KC Hilites Daylighter 6" 150W black round off-road lights; Cranked torsion bars to level truck; Removed lower factory striping; Replaced factory gold & maroon ORP decals with silver; 2 Polk Audio EX10 10" subs under rear seat
Pending
Sony XM754HX amp; Viper alarm; Replacing factory gold/marron Lariat decals & upper stripes with silver & black
Wish list:
More lights; Flowmaster 40 Series single to dual exhaust w/ 18" SS tips out back; Optima red top battery; Remote start & Prox. sensor; MP3 player; Build house w/ huge garage and a lift.

Please Visit My Web Site (Updated Daily) and Sign My Guest Book

[This message has been edited by lariat4wd (edited 01-09-2001).]

Quick Reply: Remote Keyless Entry