Truck Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2000, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

While I'm not the guy mentioned in the previous message, the exact same thing happened to me when the truck was 1-1/2 years old. I would go to start my truck and it would barely turn over. Usually it would barely start until that fateful cold day when there was no fire in the box. I too want through the whole cenario that has been described, only twice. With a deep charge the battery would last about a week. Finally dealers service dept. used the flight recorder on it after a cold night sitting in their lot and discovered the battery was week. WOW what a discovery. Since they replaced the battery I have not had a problem and to this day it starts strong. The only problem is my 4x4 was sitting dead in a dealers lot during the worst snow we have had in 10 yrs. I said it before and I'll say it again I've got the best weather forcaster in Ohio sitting right out in my driveway.

------------------
'97 F-150 4x4 4.6L Auto Off Road Moonlight Blue
Tow package, Westin Chrome Nerf bars, Color matched bug shield
Linex bed liner, Wizard Ultra White Headlights

Old 02-03-2000, 03:12 PM
Pulliam in Columbia SC huh? I hope their good. I just ordered three F250 SC SuperDuties from them for work here. Still waiting to hear about build and delivery dates. They seem to get all the State contract business. Must be big.

------------------
97 F-150 SC Lariat, Styleside, White over Gold, 4.6L (Windsor), Automatic, 3.55 rear end, electronic 4X4, w/ every option of Lariat and ORP packages except the 17" wheels (I even got the OR decals now!) Almost completed the Towing Pkg. options, MOD's so far: K&N air box mod, Gibson Super Truck, clear Bugflector II, Leer TSC 600 hard cover, Bridgestone Dueler OWL ATP 265/75 R-16's, TrailMaster Invader N7 shocks, Smittybilt step bars, Ford moulded mud guards, "White-white" head lamps, Cloud Rider Design's SS Grill and bumper opening, Bosch Platinum + 4's, Hayden 30K+ Tranny Cooler, Superchip on the way!

Old 02-03-2000, 05:36 PM
Biggest in SC I beleive, although thats not always good when going in for service. The day I went they were very quick and efficient.

------------------
The Truck: 1997 Black F-150 Flareside. Regular Cab ORP and Towing Package
The Mods: K&N Filter, Eurolid Hard Tonneau, Profile Windstream Side Deflectors and Ford Bug Deflector.
The Site:
Triton's 4.6 Liter Web Page
www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index.html

Old 02-03-2000, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I checked Pulliam first because they are mile from my house.
They gave me the run-around in the sales dept and I ended up getting a better deal in Lexington.
Pulliam is the biggest Ford dealer in the southeast according to thier ad.
I know too many ppl that have got or almost got ripped off.
The financing dept is where they really get you.
They are so big because they finance anybody even if it's at 18%

Old 02-04-2000, 09:15 AM
Well, I had no choice but to deal with them as it was the State contract vendor. The only thing that sort of bugged me was when I called the salesman on the contract to confirm he had our order right, his last comments to me was "don't even bother to contact me until April. I won't know anything until then" This was in the second week of January! Makes me wonder how much they apreciate the State business if they can't even tell me a build date etc. for three months. I suspect we are low priority cause we have to go through them. I will be calling him more often than he would like

Quick Reply: Truck Won't Start