battery light Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
battery light Help

so i recently had to change my alternator and battery. Now that i have fixed those i was expecting my battery light to turn off but it stayed on. F%^k What would be suggestions to dealing with this problem? Thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by downsouth
so i recently had to change my alternator and battery. Now that i have fixed those i was expecting my battery light to turn off but it stayed on. F%^k What would be suggestions to dealing with this problem? Thanks
Did both the battery and alt. test bad before you replaced them? I hope so because throwing parts at a vehicle can become expensive, not to say anything about being frustrating. My 1st suggestion would be to use a volt meter to test (at the battery), to see if you actually have voltage there and if you don't, test directly at the alternator. If you don't have voltage there, remember the old addage, not every rebuilt part is a good one. I personally doubt that very many (if any) rebuilt parts are actually tested after they are rebuilt. Therefore, there are definitely bad rebuilt parts right out of the box. I personally don't like rebuilt parts and chose to rebuild my own as long as there are no major components burned up. They use very cheap components in rebuilds most of the time, so too large a chance of early death, even if they work when you put them on.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my alternator was tested and it failed it wasnt charging. now that i put the new alternator theres no problem with my truck everything seems fine just the battery light stays on.

Quick Reply: battery light Help