Window stuck any possible way to open it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window stuck any possible way to open it?

First the driver side windows stuck up and now the passenger side. I can't figure out the reason why the passenger side window won't open. The motor is that side doesn't shown any sign of weakness before it stuck. The windows goes up and down with normal speed before it stuck up. I check the fuse and it's fine. Is there a way to move the window with out removing the motor?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't have any info on your truck ( profile is blank ), so taking a guess it could be the motor or the switch.

The 1st step in diagnoses would be to pull the door panel, and test the motor with DC power.

The power window motor on the 97-03 MY trucks is a pigtail on the motor that is easy to unplug from the harness from the switch, and apply DC power to. One direction is up, reverse polarity the direction is down.

This is a picture of the 97-03 power window motor

Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I updated my profile 98 F150

I can use a 12v battery? I'm quite confused on AC DC power. DC is the one with + and - am I right?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by desertst0rm
I updated my profile 98 F150

I can use a 12v battery? I'm quite confused on AC DC power. DC is the one with + and - am I right?
Thanks

The motor will look the same as the picture above.

If you have a DC adapter that you can cut the end off of, or 2 wires to the battery ( best to have the pos fused just in case ) this will do the trick.

Just stick the wires in the end, and make sure the motor is held down good, there will be some TQ when you fire it up.

To get the door panel off, you can download the signal mirror directions from Muth ( www.kwmuth.com ).

Here is a thread on motor removal, so you know where to drill the holds to unbolt the motor
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...dow-motor.html

Quick Reply: Window stuck any possible way to open it?