2010 Expedition Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Expedition Factory Alarm

I know on most vehicles, the alarm is a factory option that results in a box under the driver's dash.... but I'm not sure about the new Expeditions. Anyone have an idea? I have an aftermarket alarm installed, and for some reason, the factory alarm re-arms itself... I need either to pull the box or find a way to completely disable it.

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't know if the Perimeter Alarm can be disabled, there is no note of this in the service manual.

The only 2 routes I see is either
1. Get an alarm that is designed to work with the Ford Perimeter Alarm System
2. See if your dealer has a tech that knows the IDS system well enough, to know if they can program out the Perimeter Alarm System out of the SJB ( Smart Junction Box ).

The box under the dash part is just about long gone for US auto manufactures, they are integrating this function into existing modules on the vehicles, to aid in integration, remove the wiring mess, and use the existing sensors that are needed already ( i.e. door latch and lock systems ).

Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks. There is a trick that can be done to purse the keysense wire to disarm the factory alarm from the aftermarket brain on disarm, but it would essentially be like turning the key to accessory and turning it back off. I was hoping to be able to pull a box or something.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 AM
The 2010 vehicles require to see both the ignition wire to be turned on with the coded key in the ignition. To disable the alarm you must pulse the ignition as well as the key bypass module. Most aftermarket systems will have a factory disarm wire on it. Use this wire to power a relay that will pulse the ignition with 12 volts as well as the bypass and there you have it. Disabled alarm on a 2010.

My Compustar systems will do this for you internally due to a new custom Firmware on the bypass modules.

Quick Reply: 2010 Expedition Factory Alarm