2003 Power Seat Wiring

Old 01-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Power Seat Wiring

I have worn cloth seats (mechanically actuated) and bought power leather front seats on e-bay as replacements. The current wiring to the factory installed seats only has the idiot chime wired. The replacement seat has 8 wires that need to be tied-in to the electrical system.

Question:

Is the higher amperage harness somewhere under the seat floor that I can just attach into, or do I need to fish power supply from the breaker panel?

If I need to attach to the breaker panel power supply, what is the best way to do that?

(I don't need all functions, just forward/back and up/down)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Steve

Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can take a look, but all other attempts for this were unsuccessful in locating this by other members.

The power is to the power seat module, which would fill all the functions ( up / down forward / back front up/dwn back up dwn )

The heated part is not that much harder to add if you have that function in the seats as well. It is running power to the seat, and everything from the heated seat switch to the temperature control is in the seat harness

The safe route to adding these is to check if the fuse panel already has the contacts for the fuse in it. If at least on side is there, you can use a male fuse spade connector to make a pigtail to an external fuse holder.
If not, running to the battery is easy enough, there is a rubber fresh air intake flap by where the steering wheel column exist the firewall that you can use to run the wiring.

The heated seat part, just use a relay triggered by an add-a-fuse in the radio fuse slot, so the power to these is only with the key in the run / accy positions ( won't kill the battery ).

Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
My power seat frame came with the spider harness under the frame that goes between the switch pack and the motors, and then coming off the switch pack i just had a + and - wire to grab from the truck. I ran my own power wire that was ignition independent so i can move the seats whenever needed. I just left the seat belt chime harness part separate from my additional harness for simplicity.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Wiring diagram detail

Thanks a lot for the feedback. If I can get 30 amps to the seat harness, I'm good to go. The mechanical mounting of those seats was a bear (different bolt pattern). Do you know what color wire is (+) and what color id (-)?

Thanks again for the help.

Steve

Old 01-23-2010, 01:41 AM

The color codes are in the diagram.

Follow the fuse for the factory location to the power seat control switch, it is Dark Green.

The ground is leaving the power seat switch, black ( ckt 57 )

Same routine for the heated seat elements

Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 AM
SScully, Got it. Thanks a lot! I'll need to refresh my memory on wiiring color abreviations. Do I need to bring the ground anywhere in parficular, or can I just terminate it to the frame?

Thanks again.

Steve

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM

I find it best to use a ground lug in the kick panel, so all the grounds are at a common point, if testing is needed.

If you are routing one 1 wire, it is just as easy to route 2.

With the CJB on the driver's side, if memory serves me correctly, the ground lug is behind the parking brake on the inside of the a-pillar ( should be the same ground for the wires from the door ).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Power Seat Wiring