Seat heater not working...Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat heater not working...Help

When I press the button to turn on hte drivers seat heater in my 02 King Ranch the button lights up, but the seat never warms. Could it be that the element is shot, or sould it be something else. Does anybody know what I shoould check before I try and change this out, if possible?

Thanks

Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would say 90% sure the element is shot.

You will need to remove the seat cover to verify.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I had the same exact issue with mine on the driver side of my 03 f150 KR. the orange light comes on but no heat. what i did was pull the seat out. once the seat is out there are clips holding the leather on. get those unhooked and pull out the heating element which is like a heating pad almost. then open up the heating element like a sandwhich. once its open pull the black wire out. the reason your heated seat isnt working is because the wire got burnt throught somewhere. reconnect the wire holding and hold a volt metter at each end to see if it make a complet curcit. then use electrical tape and put it in the same patter unpulled it out of as best u can. then get some adhesive spray and glue bothsides of the element back together. once its together put it in the seat again and put the seat in the car. this is a major PITA, but if you want it to work with out having to spend any money it works.
i did this to mine two years ago and it still works fine.

Sorry for all the mistakes in this i had to type it real quick.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks 4x4.. I guess I will do this soon.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
When you are putting the heating element back together it wont look near as nice as when u took it out of the seat, but what ever it takes to get it to work again. Come to think about it before you pulling all the black wire out of the heating element. look for a burn mark on the element where the wire broke and try to fix it without tearing the whole thing apart.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Will do. Hoping to do it this weekend..Thanks

Quick Reply: Seat heater not working...Help