Found Reverse Aid Sensors-- CHEAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have information about the brain of the RSS?

What makes it beep? I know how the sensors work, I know they plug into a harness. I also know that the sounds seems to come from the dash on the driver's side.

Thanks for the input,
-Tung

Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ckforker
Off the immediate topic...<snip>....
More so off the immediate subject line. The topic had seem to have shifted a bit.

THANK YOU for bringing in a question to upright it.

Any further and this thread was going to be moved to GD section ( where it becomes Bluejay and Stealth's problem )

Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Tungstontiller
Does anyone have information about the brain of the RSS?

What makes it beep? I know how the sensors work, I know they plug into a harness. I also know that the sounds seems to come from the dash on the driver's side.

Thanks for the input,
-Tung
The other end of the sensors plugs into the Parking aid module, which is located under the dash, about straight up from the parking brake.
If you are familiar with the 99-03 MY trucks, this is where the RAP / CSM used to reside.

From the looks of it, there is a harness that plugs into the back of the parking sensor at the bumper, and is added to C410 which is in the back by C411 ( what the 4 pin & 7 pin trailer tow adapters plugs into ).

From this connector it runs to C3139 which, by the number, should be in the driver's side kick panel. Then to connector C2023 which is right on the module itself.

How much of this is installed in your truck would depend on the Trim level, and the location it was built at.

The online parts shop ( need to use 2005 to find this, call for 2008 verification )

Control module, f150, mark lt - f150 new style 2004-08, mark lt - F150 NEW STYLE 2004-08, MARK LT
MSRP : $152.85
Cost : $100.88

The disable switch for it is another 22.00.

The speaker is not listed as a PN, so you would need to find out about that as well.

The fun part, the center dash trim panel, that filler slot where the cigar lighter is at, is not a separate part. You would need to order a whole new center dash trim panel, or cut it yourself.

You could short cut this, and put in a momentary switch that pulses ground to the parking aid module, and install a 12 V LED for the status indicator.

THE KICKER
The parking aid module is connected to the Module Comm Network via a ISO9141 interface. I have not pulled the Parking Aid section of the manual to know how it operates, to know why the Mod Comm Network is attached to it. I would take a swag that this is for it to turn on when the truck is in reverse only, and it is not a simple on/off item, but a command to turn it on.

All in all, could be easy, could be hard, and have you fabbing up a harness for it.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also try one of the online Ford parts dealers for that part number on that $22 dash-mounted switch.

Quick Reply: Found Reverse Aid Sensors-- CHEAP!!