Keyless entry problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry problems

My keyless entry only works when I am near my truck if it is cold out but once it warms up I have to hold it right by the winshield to get it to work. I have changed the battery in the remote and even put a new battery ing backup remote and it still doesn't work very well. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Steven

Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I would take it to your parts dept at a ford dealer. They can give you some idea's... Must be the signal from the unit in the truck.

Last edited by 20Screw01; 03-17-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 AM
When it does unlock are they coming up normal or are slow or only partially up?

The 2 main things that go out in this system is the remote and the electric acuators in the doors. I have already replaced my remote and ordered new actuators this evening to get mine fully functioning again. I had replaced my battery in my remote too and was still not working but after opening up the remote and cleaning it noticed that unlock button didnt work anymore. So I ordered a new remote and works great now from pretty good distance.

The actuators are what lock and unlock the doors, and over time the little electric motors in them go bad. I have read that even if one is bad it can case the whole system to work improperly. good luck

Quick Reply: Keyless entry problems