Illumination not working!! HELP ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff T
Replaced the bulb in my odometer cluster today and boy is it nice to have a light there again at night! About an hour and a $1.50 bulb to repair. Like someone else posted I pulled a turn signal bulb out to test it and it worked!!

Now how pissed should we all be?? I'm not the only one told by the dealer that the "ONLY" fix was a new instrument panel cluster to the tune of $600. Are service departments completey unaware of the repair or would Ford rather sell instrument panel clusters??

I sent the Service Adviser at my dealership an email and he knows how PO'd I am. I'll be curious to see if I get a reply...

Thanks to 04F150supercrew for posting the link with the pics and directions, it really made it simple!

So according to my math I know have $597 to spend on other things, I bought a two pack of bulbs at $3.
Do you happen to know the part number of the bulb? I'm not having any luck finding one locally.

Thanks

Old 08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rich
Do you happen to know the part number of the bulb? I'm not having any luck finding one locally.

Thanks
Rich,

On vaca in FL and not with the truck. I get home Sunday, I'll post the # or send you a PM.

Sorry,

Jeff T

Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM
I LOVE this forum!! Thanks everyone for all that you do in sharing information. It's about time we stop getting robbed in broad daylight by a greedy dealership. Cheers!!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rich

Thanks

Rich,

I bought Sylvania #37, it's certainly a little one!

Good Luck!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I took my truck in two weeks ago for the same issue. Dealer has ordered a new cluster to replace mine under warranty. It disturbs me that the dealer doesn't know that it could have been fixed the same day just by replacing the bulb. Could have saved time and money with a little smarter workforce.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the great write up.
I replaced mine in about 15 mins.

Autozone didnt have any sylvania #37 or know how to look that up but napa had them and I got 2 for 2.30.
Thanks that had been driving me nuts since I got this truck a week ago.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HerkDriver
I LOVE this forum!! Thanks everyone for all that you do in sharing information. It's about time we stop getting robbed in broad daylight by a greedy dealership. Cheers!!
+1

I have to do this on my 2007 XLT. Noticed it just this morning.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Lights Out

It is pretty easy to fix. It is a blub that is out in your dash. You have to unhook your battery, pull the lower panel under the steering column, remove the screws holding in the upper dash, remove the entire insturment cluster by unhooking the cables on the top, carefull the gear indicator needle is sperate (just squeeze the clips and it will slide down and out). You will see little twist type bulb holders on the back on the cluster, this is what is out. They are all the same bulb I believe, it is a twist lock base. Make sure you unhook your battery or some wierd stuff happens when you put the dash back in and start the truck. Pretty easy to do, should only take you about 20min. LOL and no you dont have to replace your whole dash cluster, all that is in the dash is an LCD no brains, so if the LCD ever quits you can get one from a wrecked truck...but it is a little harder to install. You have to seperate the cluster and go inside...not a quick fix but can be done. Post again if you have any questions.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi, both of these bulbs can be found at the Ford section of our website,
http://www.speedometerbulbs.com/coll...ocket-fat-bulb

best price in the internet!!
thank you
-Bryan

Quick Reply: Illumination not working!! HELP ASAP!