How many amps is my alt ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many amps is my alt ???

I have searched high and low, and I must have heard 20 different answers, ranging anywhere from 90 amps to 150 !

Would their be any kind of model # on the alternator itself ? Even if it didn't just tell me the amps flat out, could I look that up by model # ?

What is the "definitive way" for me to know what my alternator puts out ? Could Ford Motor Co. tell me, if I called them with my vin # ?

Thanks,
Fish

Old 10-23-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
I have searched high and low, and I must have heard 20 different answers, ranging anywhere from 90 amps to 150 !

Would their be any kind of model # on the alternator itself ? Even if it didn't just tell me the amps flat out, could I look that up by model # ?

What is the "definitive way" for me to know what my alternator puts out ? Could Ford Motor Co. tell me, if I called them with my vin # ?

Thanks,
Fish
Fish- I know my '04 has 130 but i have heard they have since dropped them to 110. Cannot confirm that but I can almost guarantee that you don't have less than 110 or more than 130. The alternators always used to have the amp. stamped on the case but I have looked at some that I couldn't find it on in recent years. Ford dealer should definitely be able to tell you from VIN.

Quick Reply: How many amps is my alt ???