Turn Signal Fuse Blowing:help:

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal Fuse Blowing:help:

I have a 2000 F150 XLT. Yesterday my 20a turn signal fuse blew. When I put in a replacement it blows immediatley. What is the most likely cause or what are some inexpensive options I could try to resolve this problem?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Identify the fuse by number and which fusebox it's in.

Steve

Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 PM
If you have an aftermarket, or factory for that matter. Trailer harness unplug it/take it out and recheck. I see this all the time at work!!! people who install scotch locks, dont soldier, and don't use heat shrink should be castrated!

If it still blows check your bulbs. An element could have broken and fallen onto the second element. Beyond that....multi-function switch, pinched wire, or bad bulb socket.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
more info, and thanks for your replies

the fuse that is blowing is in the box under steering column near driver door, and the position is 13. The top fuse inthe center column.

the first time the fuse blew, a couple of months ago, I changed it out and the problem went away. about a week ago it blew again and now blow as soon as a insert a new fuse except for this morning when i got a box of fuses i plugged one in and the signal worked for about 10 seconds before blowing again.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Fuse Blowing:help: