Throttle Body Connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body Connector

Anyone tried removing pins/wiring from TB connector? I broke the sleeve connector that connects to throttle body motor and replacement from Ford did not come with internal pins that connect to wiring harness. Dealer said that to replace pins I would have to replace harness?
Has anyone worked on this type of connector and do you need special tool to release pins from connector?https://www.f150online.com/forums/im...ilies/bows.gif

Old 09-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usually there is a small plastic piece inside the connector you can remove with a small pick of flat head screwdriver, then there are retainer clips for the metal pins. If you can't get it apart, Motorcraft sells connectors for almost everything, don't look it up at Motorcraft's web site though, Rock Auto has a better index.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bringing back an old thread.

I did the same thing and can't seem to find a replacement for it. I have some wire holding it on for the time being but I know it won't last.

Anybody know where to get this thing? I checked Rock Auto and they have the Throttle position sensor clip but, not the motor connector.

Any help would be appreciated.

**UPDATE**

I figured it out!!

The reason you can't find the piece on Rock Auto or Ford Parts is because it only comes on the engine harness. SO you'd have to buy the entire thing for BIG $$$$ to get it....BUT.... this thing is a common connection as Ford uses it for spark plug connections, lighting connections, almost anything requiring only a single conductor with ground. Therefore, this thing is sold at just about every auto store nationwide; and it is constantly in demand!!

Therein lies the catch... this thing is in such high demand, it's pretty much back-ordered everywhere. My local Napa store was able to order me one in for $15.

Part # PT5817

Link to the part: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHEC414#

See below for the screenshot from Napa.

Hope this helps someone in the future

Last edited by Dman81; 05-15-2017 at 12:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-15-2017, 11:44 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Consider going to a junkyard and cut the plug off leaving pigtails, then cut yours off and splice the wires.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM
You SAVED my life!!!!!

I've bought/returned at least 8 different connectors now trying to figure this out! The dealership even gave me the incorrect connector!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dman81
Bringing back an old thread.

I did the same thing and can't seem to find a replacement for it. I have some wire holding it on for the time being but I know it won't last.

Anybody know where to get this thing? I checked Rock Auto and they have the Throttle position sensor clip but, not the motor connector.

Any help would be appreciated.

**UPDATE**

I figured it out!!

The reason you can't find the piece on Rock Auto or Ford Parts is because it only comes on the engine harness. SO you'd have to buy the entire thing for BIG $$$$ to get it....BUT.... this thing is a common connection as Ford uses it for spark plug connections, lighting connections, almost anything requiring only a single conductor with ground. Therefore, this thing is sold at just about every auto store nationwide; and it is constantly in demand!!

Therein lies the catch... this thing is in such high demand, it's pretty much back-ordered everywhere. My local Napa store was able to order me one in for $15.

Part # PT5817

Link to the part: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHEC414#

See below for the screenshot from Napa.

Hope this helps someone in the future

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-27-2019, 09:24 PM
You're welcome

Glad it all worked out JimmyB! It took two years, but I knew the info would help someone!

My repair using the indicated part is holding strong 2 years later and hasn't missed a beat.

HAPPY WRENCHING!!

Originally Posted by JimmyB1232
I've bought/returned at least 8 different connectors now trying to figure this out! The dealership even gave me the incorrect connector!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Connector