Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical problem

I got a Ford F150 1983 last summer and I fixed it up a bit and drove it pretty hard, from Oregon to Utah and then up to Alberta. On the way up to Alberta I replaced the (from the looks of it probably the original) starter. The carburetor started flooding so I replaced that. But then randomly one day I drove it across town and then it wouldn't start even with a jump. I got it towed back and with the help of a neighbor over the rest of the summer put in a new alternator, charged the battery, got new cables and cleaned the posts, put in a new ignition switch, a regulator, a solenoid, and another new starter. I drove it back to Utah and then one day it wouldn't start. It wouldn't start with a jump. So I went and got my battery charged several times but then it would just die. I have also got a new battery. My battery just drains if I leave it without disconnecting the cable from the post. I am guessing that there is a ground somewhere in the harness...but does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Electrical problem