keypad lock on door

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ELVATO
While we're on the topic, does anyone have the procedure to turn off the second code? I know it's in the owners manual for the Expy, but I misplaced mine. I'm kinnda hoping the procedure is the same for both the F150s and Expys.

Basically, I only want the factory code to open it, not the other code the previous owners put in...which, to say the least, is rather easy to crack. A friend playing around was able to open it in under 30 seconds.
Here's what my owner's manual says:

1. Enter the factory set 5-digit code.

2. Press and release the 1-2 (button) then -

3. Press and hold the 1-2 (button) for two seconds. This must be done within 5 seconds of completing step 1.

Hope this works for you!

- Jack

Old 04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that seemed to do that trick. Before, you could press 1,3,5,7,9,1 and it would open it. My guess is that the code was 3,5,7,9,1.

But that code doesn't work anymore. Thanks Jack.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:00 PM
all the procedures are in the manual...

Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by steelshot220
all the procedures are in the manual...
And, he said he misplaced his, so I looked it up. What's the big deal? I know, I could have pointed him to an online version at: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp but I was sort of interested in the answer too.

Why can't we all just take a, "let's help each other out" approach, rather than, "if you're too stupid to know the answer or where to get it, then you don't deserve my help"? Might make the world a much more pleasant place to live in.

And, ELVATO, I wonder how many other vehicle owners are out there who added their own, similar, "clever" codes? Not hard to see how cars get stolen or broken into so easily is it? Glad I could help. back at you.

- Jack

Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
And, he said he misplaced his, so I looked it up. What's the big deal? I know, I could have pointed him to an online version at: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp but I was sort of interested in the answer too.

Why can't we all just take a, "let's help each other out" approach, rather than, "if you're too stupid to know the answer or where to get it, then you don't deserve my help"? Might make the world a much more pleasant place to live in.

- Jack
Well said... thats what i thought the point of this site was, to help each other not
"if you're too stupid to know the answer or where to get it, then you don't deserve my help"

Quick Reply: keypad lock on door