Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open
http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...door-open.html

ISSUE
Radio continues to play even while the door is opened. This could be symptomatic of the accessory delay relay stuck in on or this could be the fault of corroded wiring.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 05 XLT Scab. I was told by one dealer that it's a bad control module, but after reading some of this forum, I'm thinking it's that wire everyone is mentioning because the symptoms are identical. Has anyone else seen this issues in their Scab, and if so, was it this purple wire?

Old 03-11-2016, 10:26 PM
The problem is the purple wire. Here are pictures that have been asked for. The connection is located about 3 inches up the rear pillar.

You need to remove the door weatherstripping and pry the cover open at the bottom and pull the wire bundle out and remove the tape holding the wire bundle together it will be easy to see the broken wire and connection.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Thanks!!

This problem was driving me effin nuts. I made a account just so I can thanks you people. That wire was ****erd. Took awhile to find it for those who are have trouble finding it it's actually at the bottom of the pillar. You have to pull it out. Posted pics so you guys can see

Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Radio stay on after I open driver side door.

I have read most of the fix to this problem and iam going to try and find the purple wire. My question is when removing the kick/sill plate on my 2008 supercab do I need to also remove the rubber weather stripping? Pictures would be great.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
My question is when removing the kick/sill plate on my 2008 supercab do I need to also remove the rubber weather stripping?
If you do not remove the weather seal, you won't be able to remove the sill plate. Go review post #2.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Try opening you passenger door. My 06 f250 has an issue with taking the key out and not turning off so I opened the passenger door and boom! Immediately it shut off.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Try opening you passenger door. My 06 f250 has an issue with taking the key out and the radio not turning off so I opened the passenger door and boom! Immediately it shut off.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:37 PM
I wasted the day today pulling apart the wiring in my '04 SCrew. I have the same problem so many others have had - stereo (aftermarket) remains on after removing key from ignition and opening door. Opening door does not turn on courtesay lights, plus auto lamps and auto locks error message. I didn't not have any corroded wiring. In fact, there wasn't a purple splice at the rear pillar at all. Pulled all the relays, nothing. Super frustrated. Error code pulled with the computer says "key in ignition switch". I figure that could be anything. Any suggestions at this point would be hugely helpful. There is an aftermarket remote starter too, but everything worked fine for a few years after the install.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by wakepilot
I wasted the day today pulling apart the wiring in my '04 SCrew. I have the same problem so many others have had - stereo (aftermarket) remains on after removing key from ignition and opening door. Opening door does not turn on courtesay lights, plus auto lamps and auto locks error message. I didn't not have any corroded wiring. In fact, there wasn't a purple splice at the rear pillar at all. Pulled all the relays, nothing. Super frustrated. Error code pulled with the computer says "key in ignition switch". I figure that could be anything. Any suggestions at this point would be hugely helpful. There is an aftermarket remote starter too, but everything worked fine for a few years after the install.
I feel your pain. Im in the same boat... nothing is fixing it

Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 PM
I can't figure out what it could be

Originally Posted by Weavefish
I feel your pain. Im in the same boat... nothing is fixing it
I have all the same symptoms, radio stays on, no door ajar warning, auto locks error. I have looked everywhere for the violet wire with the splice but can't find one. I pulled the rear pillar up to the top and nothing. Any other suggestions?

Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 AM
Make sure all connectors are completely plugged in at drivers side door panel. That fixed mine. Good luck

Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 AM
could I get the picture

Originally Posted by FattyBogora
I finally fixed the problem today. I found the bad splice in the wire, fixed it and now my radio shuts off when I open the door...and I don't have the data error anymore. Oh ya, and my power seats memory function works again.

FYI: The wire is Violet and is located on the driver's side wire bundler, right before the bundle goes into the rear pillar area. I took a picture if anyone is interested...
really

Old 01-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by sarmstrong13
Make sure all connectors are completely plugged in at drivers side door panel. That fixed mine. Good luck
Do you mean like each wire is secure or the whole connector?

Old 06-10-2017, 02:42 AM
I have a quick question ? I was having the same issues with my radio but now my battery gauge stays on when the key is removed and the door is open . yet when I press on the brake peddle the battery gauge shuts off but once the brake is released it comes back on . This is in my 2007 f150 . Can some one Please Help Me!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Same issues but more!

I had the same issues with windows and radio would stay on after shutting truck off and opening door. This has happened a few times over the last few months. Now all of a sudden i cannot get windows and radio to come on. Any suggestions? Truck runs fine, map lights and doors chime. I checked all fuses and they were good. I do have a viper alarm.

Quick Reply: 04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open