Puddle/mirror lamps

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puddle/mirror lamps

Does anyone know the bulb size for the puddle/mirror lamps and how to remove the cover on an 07

Thanks

Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by dfd896
Does anyone know the bulb size for the puddle/mirror lamps and how to remove the cover on an 07

Thanks
If they're like the ones on my truck (I bet they are), there's a slot that you could stick a screwdriver into and then you would just (carefully) pry them out. Once opened, you can find out the bulb size.

I can't find any reference to the size either in my owner's manual or in my Haynes manual. An internet search is not too helpful either.

- Jack

Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
If they're like the ones on my truck (I bet they are), there's a slot that you could stick a screwdriver into and then you would just (carefully) pry them out. Once opened, you can find out the bulb size.

I can't find any reference to the size either in my owner's manual or in my Haynes manual. An internet search is not too helpful either.

- Jack
So here's an update - I went out and pulled one puddle lamp out (use a screwdriver in the slot) and, I discovered the lamp assembly is a sealed unit. The bulb is completely hidden inside a plastic "box". Obviously, Ford wants you to replace the assembly, not just the bulb, if it burns out.

I think you'd have to "cut" the box open to get to the bulb itself. Not something I wanted to try today.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Puddle/mirror lamps