Key/Headlight Buzzer not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key/Headlight Buzzer not working

Howdy

Just bout this 95 F150 and key/light Buzzer isn’t working. I checked the fuse and its ok. I asked all the guys at AutoZone and Pep boys about it and they dont have a clue. I called a local Ford parts dept and they said they can order the part/buzzer for $65.00, Im just not sure thats really the problem. Anyone have any experience with this or know what else I can check besides the fuse?

Thanks
`B

Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
my problems opposite

I have the exact opposite problem:

When the ignition switch is off, the bell/buzzer goes off like I had my lights on! A few weeks ago I had a problem w/ the anti-theft not allowing me to start my truck (I replaced the # 1 & 2 relays in the interior fuse panel) and this problem started about a week later.

'99 F150XL 6 cyl.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM
rkd
This really is not as hard to fix as it might seem, I think.

My key switch would not turn one day (at a Fun Ford Weekend, no less) and I took a rather heavy handed approach to getting it running for the rest of the weekend. After 30 mins of tearing column stuff apart, WD40 down the key slot fixed it.

In the aftermath, I took the lock cylinder assembly apart.

There is a small brass piece, sort of a spring contact in the lock cylinder, as part of the key buzzer switch. A really basic switch, but relatively tiny, etc.

With some patience, you can take the cylinder apart and check it out.

Quick Reply: Key/Headlight Buzzer not working