Can Lariat programmable heated seats be installed in an FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Lariat programmable heated seats be installed in an FX4?

I have an '04 FX4 with standard power seats. I have a set of Power heated Lariat seats from an '05 i want to install. On the two seats, one plug connection is the same, the second is completely different. Is there a way I can re-wire or make a new harness to make these work? I have the heated seat buttons on the console, and i have the harness plug-ins (got out of a wrecked truck and the harness was cut so the new seats had the plugs in them , just cut off wires) . I do not necessarily need the Programmable seat positions to work if it's too much trouble, but would like the seat heaters to operate and the power controls to work. Right now nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
no one done this before?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 AM
If you ever get this to work please let me know. I am interested in doing it.
Thanks
njtek

Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
i would say take you stock seats and add a heater to them, most auto interior shops could do it, and prob alot cheaper than trying to a factry set up....a factory switch to turn on the heated seats is up on the dash under the a/c controls....so just looking at it from that stand point you are two switches down, and atleast two wiring harnesses down....there are prob 5 more that you cant see....i read that you already have the swithces and harnesses, is that in the current interior, or from the wrecked one??? are they in the truck now or on your garage floor now???

Last edited by troberts6874; 10-30-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Can Lariat programmable heated seats be installed in an FX4?