Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Problem

97 F150 XLT Supercab
A few weeks ago the passenger side window started going down slowly and needed manual assistance to go back up... then it quit completely. Today, the driver's window quit completely without warning. I don't have a manual, so I don't know where the fuses are. Any suggestions?

Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Need an owners manual, download the PDF at :
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Thread on removal of power window motor :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300567

There are several threads with trouble shooting ideas,

Advance search
- limit to Electrical Forum
- my S/N : SSCULLY
- Key words : power window

This is if the window symptom is due to power / ground or problem with the motor. Other threads ( not limited to my S/N, nor the Electrical Forum ) for lubrication & maint items.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Problem Resolved

Thank you Sscully. I removed both errant power window motors as you suggested and I smacked them against a log in the wood pile. It snapped them out of their coma. Fortunately, the holes were already drilled in the door to facilitate removal and I noticed both motors were replaced in 2002. (There was a tag on the motor stating the date of manufacture.) Since the truck is a 97 and the motors were replaced in 02, I see a 5 year life span here, especially since it is now 07 and subtracting 02, I get another 5 years... am I starting to see a pattern here? Anyway, I decided to lube the window channels to make it easier for them to run up and down. I opted for Blaster Dry Lube - a PTFE powder delivered in an aerosol can - so as not to compromise the tinted window film (I believe WD 40 or silicone would probably disolve it). Final result... the windows race up and down with a vengeance. Thanks again, oh great sage.

Quick Reply: Power Window Problem