97 f150 all gauges just quit working

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 f150 all gauges just quit working

I went out this morning started my truck and all the gauges,,,are not working. so i got out the chiltons Ford Manual and changed the fuses pertaining to the intrument panel and still does not work. But one strange thing happened when i drove it i this morning i made a sharp left turn and they worked just briefly but then just quit

Old 09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check the wiring harness behind the inner fender on the left side/driver side for any breaks or rub through.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by tobygdavis
I went out this morning started my truck and all the gauges,,,are not working. so i got out the chiltons Ford Manual and changed the fuses pertaining to the intrument panel and still does not work. But one strange thing happened when i drove it i this morning i made a sharp left turn and they worked just briefly but then just quit
Have you gotten this fixed yet? Could be the wiring harness in the steering column. The Auto trans override switch is on the same circuit and these wires have been known to fail.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Unhappy Instrument Cluster - All Gauges Dead

I had the same exact problem as trtaylor occur yesterday, while driving my 1997 Expedition. The instrument cluster went totally dead after engaging the automatic transmission overdrive lock-out button (it's on the shift lever). Can this be repaired easily or is it something fairly serious? Is there a fuse someplace that I can replace easily, or is this a problem for the "Dreaded Dealer" to fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Replacing the fuse only isn't the solution, because it will just blow again.

Am told the wires leading up to the shift lever are very thin and easily rubbed through. There is probably a wire getting shorted under the steering column cover. I had someone else fix mine, so I can't offer any more details. Maybe someone else on here can.

Quick Reply: 97 f150 all gauges just quit working