Factory Keyless Entry Addition?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Keyless Entry Addition?

Got a question... I've got a 1999 F150 XLT 4x4 with power locks and windows. I've tried the 'turn the key off/on 8 times' and I guess my truck doesn't have the keyless entry feature. Is there some type of factory module I can add to a setup like mine to utilize a factory fob for keyless entry? If so, where would it be located on the truck? Pictures? I really don't want to go with an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry, and I have a couple of key fobs. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wiring in the RAP from another '99 MY truck is going to be more trouble then it is worth.

If you want to add RKE, you can add the Code Alarm ( who Ford OEMs their equip from ) much easier.

If you go with Travis @ KC Auotsound, for a small charge he will prewire it and give you the MY specific diagram

http://kcautosound.com/home.php

You can get the RKE ( CA-110 ) for 80.00 or get the RKE + Remote start ( CA-530 ) for 130.00

Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Explain RAP, and I'm assuming MY= Mid Year?

More trouble than it's worth? I just assumed that there was some module that plugged in to make all the options work. Don't know why you would have power locks and not have Keyless Entry....

Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
RAP = Remote Antitheif Personality The RAP module is what the door keypad and RKE works off of.

MY = Model Year

No, it is not a plug and play module ( that is the CA product )
The wiring is different with and without RKE from the factory.
The Code Alarm unit is a plug and play unit, but it is designed to be added after market.

Q: why would you would have power locks and not have Keyless Entry ?
A: because the truck was not ordered that way.
RKE is a 285.00 option ( think that is what it cost back then ), and XLTs did not come with it as a standard item ( that was only the Lariat at that time ). Could be ordered for more money. I had a separate line item for the RKE on my 2001 XLT.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the explaination... Guess the most economical way to go is the Code Alarm. I'll give your guy a holler. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Factory Keyless Entry Addition?