Replacing rear turn light

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing rear turn light

The left rear turn light bulb went bad in my truck and I need to replace it. My question is the following:
How do I remove the Light enclosure? is it the two screws when I open the tail gate, in the sides? Please help, I do not want to try something stupid and break it. Thanks!!!

Leos98

Old 03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I have taken my Taillights off like ten times in the past month haha...

Yes the two screws are to be taken off, i think its a 10 or 8mm bolt which can be removed by a socket wrench...and you have to get a grip on the tail light and basically wiggle it out of the holes its in...Feels like you are going to break it at first but keep wiggling and it should come off... I replaced the 3157bulbs with LEDS and then added tint tails so I have taken the tails off and on quiet a bit in the past couple weeks

Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Leds!!!!!!!!!

Can you send me a model number for the LED bulbs you got? will this be something i can get at a regular auto parts store?
Thanks!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by leos98
Can you send me a model number for the LED bulbs you got? will this be something i can get at a regular auto parts store?
Thanks!

The LEDS I purchased are online at V-Leds.com... Here is a thread with the links...

LED Lights

Videos of Lights

I have resistors if you plan to get some LEDs... let me know... I have four extra...

Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Leds!!

I visit the sites but they don't have the products anymore. I was looking around and found some LEDs to replace the 3157 bulbs in the truck. I'm confuse, these bulbs have the turnsignal and stop light included. do they work separately or they work at the same time? wouldn't I need bulbs that have two separate circuits? Can you help me with some part numbers for the other bulbs? I would like to replace the reverse lights as well as the rear light above the cabin.
Thanks!!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:06 AM
They must be popular... Well you can get the 921's to go inside the interior... and the 921 is also the light for the third brake light... Here is another thread that you can read... it has more pics of the interior leds...

Interior Light Replacement

The LEDS that I have work both running and turn signal... you just have to buy the resistor so you don't have hyper flashing or no flashing at all...

I will search the web to see if I can find those leds for you...

Here are the reverse lights on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...5191QQtcZphoto

Front Turn Signals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW...5218QQtcZphoto

But I can't seem to find the Red leds...hmmm I'll keep checking for you..

Quick Reply: Replacing rear turn light