Fuse Box Diagram (ProjectSHO89)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse Box Diagram (ProjectSHO89)

Im in need of a fuse box diagram for a 92 F150. I done a search and saw where you told someone else to PM you and you would send it to them. I tried doing so; however, it wouldnt allow me to PM you. If you dont mind, can you send it to mattcoop 'at' sccoast.net Thanks!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
THANKS!!!!! I owe you! Now for another question, can you tell me what this EEC Power Diode does? I've tested it on the truck with a test light but I don't get any juice from it. Some how while installing a CD changer, something has shorted out. The overhead light doesnt turn on, the radio screen illuminates; however, its the whole screen illuminated w/o any numbers or anything on it. Also, the transmission shifts extremely hard now and the speedometer doesnt work. Im assuming that its something to do with these fuses. Any insight is welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by xlcooplx; 03-01-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
The radio backlight is on the dimmed dash circuit - that's why it's still working. You blew a fuse for the radio. Look at that diagram: 8, 11, P, & S.

The EEC diode has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Steve83; 03-01-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Matt,

Check your email. I sent you two pdf files that are printouts from the factory service CD. One is the fuse panel, the other is the complete power distribution system. Missed your message yesterday, didn't see it until today.

Forum administrators often restrict PM functions for new members until either a specific number of messages have been posted or a specific amount of time has elapsed as an anti-spamming protection feature. Your privileges as a forum member will be upgraded in due course when whatever threshold that is imposed has been met.

The EEC power diode is a device intended to isolate the EEC power relay from the rest of the power circuit to prevent current from feeding back into the rest of the system should the EEC power relay experience a short circuit.

Specifically, check fuse F8. It supplies the radio, dome lights, and the PSOM. The output from the PSOM (VSS) is required by the PCM to control the transmission's EPC pressures. If there is no speed signal available to the PCM, it defaults to high line pressure which manifests itself as extremely harsh shifts.

Steve

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
wow, sounds like you guys have it figured out for me! by fuse F8, are you just referring to the number 8 on the dash fuse block diagram? sorry for the dumb question! i'll have to wait until i get back in town to try this out. thanks again all of you!

Last edited by xlcooplx; 03-02-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Look at the diagrams. It is pretty self-explanitory......

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 03-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Matt,

Check your email. I sent you two pdf files that are printouts from the factory service CD. One is the fuse panel, the other is the complete power distribution system. Missed your message yesterday, didn't see it until today.

Forum administrators often restrict PM functions for new members until either a specific number of messages have been posted or a specific amount of time has elapsed as an anti-spamming protection feature. Your privileges as a forum member will be upgraded in due course when whatever threshold that is imposed has been met.

The EEC power diode is a device intended to isolate the EEC power relay from the rest of the power circuit to prevent current from feeding back into the rest of the system should the EEC power relay experience a short circuit.

Specifically, check fuse F8. It supplies the radio, dome lights, and the PSOM. The output from the PSOM (VSS) is required by the PCM to control the transmission's EPC pressures. If there is no speed signal available to the PCM, it defaults to high line pressure which manifests itself as extremely harsh shifts.

Steve
I am new to the forum, i have an 03 supercab, where can i locate a service cd that you talked about.

any help you can give me is apreciated

thanks

Old 03-04-2007, 02:27 AM
There are vendors that advertise CDs here, more on eBay, & even some free sources that I'm not allowed to specify here.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve83
There are vendors that advertise CDs here, more on eBay, & even some free sources that I'm not allowed to specify here.
could you shoot me an email to what those sourced are.
geo981@yahoo.com

thanks

Quick Reply: Fuse Box Diagram (ProjectSHO89)