PATS programming, DC/MD/VA

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PATS programming, DC/MD/VA

Hi all,
I got a 1999 with only one key. I've read what I can find on line about programming and realize I need to have a dealer or someone with a PATS programmer, to program my spare key I got off EBAY. My local 'stealer' wants $108 just for the programming! I think this is just outrageous, so wonder where others have gotten programming done. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Keith

Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deathblosom
Hi all,
I got a 1999 with only one key. I've read what I can find on line about programming and realize I need to have a dealer or someone with a PATS programmer, to program my spare key I got off EBAY. My local 'stealer' wants $108 just for the programming! I think this is just outrageous, so wonder where others have gotten programming done. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Keith
Unless there is a local locksmith with the scanner to program the keys, I don't think you will have a choice but to go to the dealer. When I bought my rig it only had one key. I had to go to the dealer for a second key and programming. $75.00 was what the dealer charged me.

Mike

Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call around before you do anything as prices vary widely. In my particular area, I found all the locksmiths wanted an hour plus the key. My dealership only wanted 1/2 hour plus the key. I had the keys from a while back, but apparently never programmed them. You can guess where I went.

-Joe

Quick Reply: PATS programming, DC/MD/VA