2006 f150 SCAB High beams/fog problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f150 SCAB High beams/fog problem

For about 2 weeks now I have been having a problem switching my high beams on. Every time I pull back the stick for high beams it turns my fogs off only and does not switch from low to high beams. When I let go of the stick it does not turn the fogs back on.

This last week the light on my instrument cluster indicating the fog lights being on has been flickering on and off at times.

Any idea's?!

Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bschld1
For about 2 weeks now I have been having a problem switching my high beams on. Every time I pull back the stick for high beams it turns my fogs off only and does not switch from low to high beams. When I let go of the stick it does not turn the fogs back on.

This last week the light on my instrument cluster indicating the fog lights being on has been flickering on and off at times.

Any idea's?!
take it the dealer, I had a ranger edge that did this, and it was an electrical relay problem. its hopefully less than 36xxx on your odometer, so they should fix it. if they say they cannot get it to do it, then demand that they replace the fog button or turn signal stalk. this was a big problem in the old fox body mustangs back in the early 90s.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Luckily only 2,200 miles right now. I was hoping it was something I could fix. I figure it is a relay problem. I have checked the fusesand they are ok. Maybe its me but I smell something electrical in the cab at times. Any relation?

Maybe I should just take it to Ford.. I just have bad luck with these guys. They are really bad at customer service in my area.

Speaking of bad service, these are the same guys that put a free bedliner on my Due bill when I bought the truck and they wont give it to me. I have been fighting with them since August.

Quick Reply: 2006 f150 SCAB High beams/fog problem