Remote doesnt open door

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Remote doesnt open door

hi guys found your site all the way from sunny spain ( ex uk btw )
just bought a F150 5.4 litre V8 1999 flairside what a tool didnt/dont know anything about them went to look at one and fell in love with it
got a problem though the remote wont lock/open the doors key works fine both sides also the open door button inside the door doesnt work either the locking button tries to come up but only moves about 5mm ( thats 1/4 inch for you guys huh :-) )
when the remote lock button is pressed twice the horn beeps to let you know its locked ( even though it isnt ) and the panic alarm works fine especially when accidentely pressed ( opps )
have read some threads mentioning door actuators do i need onr ( or a pair ) of these,
parts over here are non existant btw i have to source parts from the uk ( which is practically non existant )
all responces greatfully recieved
great site btw
chalky

Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey glad to hear you guys overseas love the ford trucks too!

From what you described it seems that you have a problem with the actuators.

there may be somthing ubstructing them and preventing them from locking adn unlocking, or they may just need replacing. Easy way to find out is to pull your door panels off and check the system out.

parts are plenty cheap and readily available here in the states and im sure you can order them and have them sent to you at low cost.

good luck!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chalky2k
...<snip>...
parts over here are non existant btw i have to source parts from the uk ( which is practically non existant )
all responces greatfully recieved
great site btw
chalky
If you need parts, rather then get them from the UK with VAT added in, try one of the 3 online parts here in the states.

http://www.oemfordparts.com/
http://www.fordparts.com/
http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

The shipping might cost a bit more compared to shipped in the states, but no VAT.

I order Motorcycle parts from the UK a lot, and it only take about 5-7 days to get them here in the states, and shipping that direction is not bad at all. almost seems to be the same as in the US.
2 weeks ago I ordered some Gilles chain adjusters with the MotoGP paddock stand adapters and the lifting brackets, and it was $23.00 to ship them from HPS in Derbyshire, UK. It took 6 calender days to get them to me, shocked the crap out of me when they were in the mailbox the next week.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shipping

ok thanks for that ill give them a try
i had a quote for a pair of nerf bars to be shipped to spain from the U.S but the cost of shipping alone was $380 but i do appreciate these are quite large items.
i will persevere
cheers
chalky

Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chalky2k
ok thanks for that ill give them a try
i had a quote for a pair of nerf bars to be shipped to spain from the U.S but the cost of shipping alone was $380 but i do appreciate these are quite large items.
i will persevere
cheers
chalky
And HEAVY !!
The over size parts do cost a bit, regardless of weight.
A 4x4 lower valence ( when I installed the front tow hooks on my '06 4x2 ) was USD$98.00 shipping, due to the size. The actual cost on the 4x4 valence was USD$ 34.45. Got to love that one, 3x the cost of the part for shipping, due to it being the width of the truck. That part could not have weighed 5 kg total.

Quick Reply: Remote doesnt open door