1997 security alarm on truck wont go off

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1997 security alarm on truck wont go off

it's actually my dad that is having trouble, but: we've replaced the alternator and the battery is reading 100%....for some reason or another the security (car alarm) alarm will not turn off. He does not have a key pad, he bought the truck at auction. Disabling and putting the battery back in does not work, and in fact w/the battery in it just sits there and blares. So, the only way he knows to disable it is to use a sequence in the drivers side door w/the factory key in a certain sequence to get it to stop, that didn't work. We called the ford dealership who said that the only way they knew was to turn it off w/the key pad...well i've read online that getting a key pad and having it programmed doesn't always work. He doesn't even use the alarm so i need your guys' help. Is there any way to disable the alarm permanently by removing or cutting wires or have you had experience w/this in any way and can lend any help that would be great. One more thing...his battery gets drained overnight by the alarm system if left in too....so that's another problem, i mean he can drive it, but the alarm goes off as he's driving....anyway, any help at all would be most appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1997 security alarm on truck wont go off