1998 F-150 dead accessory key position

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 F-150 dead accessory key position - FIXED!

I have an issue with nothing working in my 98 F150 with the key in the accessory position. Everything works fine with the key in the ON position though. Would someone please look at a shop manual wiring diagram and describe to me where and how the wire(s) is/are routed and the color(s) of the wire(s) that are used in the accessory position? I have checked all fuses and they are all fine unless there is a hidden one somewhere that I don't know about. Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram for this truck. Thank you for any and all replies!! -Dave

UPDATE: I had a problem with my emergency flashers and my right signal not working or flashing really fast. This morning (10/27/06) I took my steering column apart and removed the multifunction switch and sprayed the contacts down with contact cleaner and also used needle nosed pliers to bend the contacts EVER SO SLIGHTLY just in case one or more weren't making good contact... and now my accessories work. I had no idea this would affect the key in the accessory position but apparently it does. My truck is 100% functional now. By the way, THIS SITE HAS SAVED ME OVER $500 IN REPAIR BILLS SO FAR. F150ONLINE.COM RULES!!!!! -Dave

Last edited by Bowser62; 10-27-2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: FIXED!

Quick Reply: 1998 F-150 dead accessory key position