Heated driver's seat won't work-'98 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated driver's seat won't work-'98 Nav

I bought a 1998 Lincoln Navigator last year...26,000 original miles on it. I love it but the driver's heated seat will not work. I press the button, the light does come on but no heat. The passenger side works awesome..to bad I can't drive on that side Since I am a transplant in Alaska and winter is FAST approaching I would like to have my rear warm this winter and not suffer like last winter...leather sucks at -temps If I can do it myself I would rather do it then go to a dealership and pay someone $100 to change a fuse or plug a wire in. Any suggestions??

Old 10-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not familar with the electrical system on that but, your manual should tell you which fuse covers that system. My suggestion would be to pull that fuse out and confirm that it's good... if not, you've solved your problem.

Very simple solution -- I just hope that's your problem.

Otherwise, it may be the heating unit... Not certain but, they may be the same type of unit in both seats. If that's the case, you could hijack the passenger side unit and install it in your driver's side in lieu of buying a new unit.

GOOD LUCK! -- and welcome to f150online.com!

-RP-

Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you check your owners manual for the page that contains the info on heated seats in the 1998 Nav ?

I cannot find any reference to it in the 1998 EVTM, and when I checked the owners manual, I could not find any ref to it. I tried "heat" & "seat" & "heat seat" for search terms in acrobat.

I can the reference in newer owners guides ( 2001 & 2006 ), but not in yours.

The problem is I cannot find any ref to it in a cell in the EVTM ( even checked through the power dist for what I could keep my eyes open for ) and cannot find any indication it is a factory option on your MY Nav.

Hope I am just missing it, I can fidn heated grid ( rear window ) and heat as in EVTM, but not heated seats.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I wish I had heated seats......

But yeah, I think it could be the heating unit itself inside the seat.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 AM
Well isn't that just peachy...not a thing about heated seats anywhere in the owner's manual...shows the controls on the powered seats(are exact as what's in the Nav), which the heating button is right next too, but nothing about heated seats. I asked my father about it, who is a Chevy lover and is disgruntled that his daughter has a Lincoln, but he did not help much..personally I think it's because he doesn't know Ford/Lincolns due to the fact that he spends all his time fixing Chevys
Looking at the fuse /relay description in the manual it has nothing about heated seats like you said but I wonder the fuse locations that say "not used" if it could be in one of those? I can do the basics on a car like changing oil/tune ups and small stuff but never messed with fuses before..guess there's a first time for everything. Thank you guys for the info and I'll let you know what I find under the hood in the morning.

Quick Reply: Heated driver's seat won't work-'98 Nav