dome light does not come on with unlock or fade out

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down dome light does not come on with unlock or fade out

I had the sticky door sensor and wd 40 worked. The light goes out. However, the dome light no longer comes on with the remote unlock nor does it fade out when I close the door, It does come on when I open the door and goes out when I close it so it is not a major problem but I like having the light come on when I unlock the door and stay on briefly when I close it. Is there a timer somewhere that controls this function. I haven't tried the radio but the windows do not delay either.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
hmm, well sometimes like after the engine has been running, or dome & auto headlamps will stay on 30 seconds prior to after shutting down for safty, but my guess is the WD40 messed up a wire for your dome? I'm not too sure if the wire is expose threw the latch setup though.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Still under warranty= trip to dealer.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Unhappy dome light does not come on

I have a 98 so warranty won't help. I have tried pulling the fuses and relays to no avail and, as all the lights work except for the delay it is not the door sensor. The windows do stay on for a bit after the key is off but the radio does not. The dealer says it is the GEM and wants $400+ to replace it but can't guarantee that will fix it. I have been told that removing power from the GEM may reset it so I think I will disconnect the battery and try again.

Thanks for the replies

Quick Reply: dome light does not come on with unlock or fade out