MANUAL TO POWER DOORS 05 STX Std Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANUAL TO POWER DOORS 05 STX Std Cab

Hey gang, help me out here. I have already purchased the two door panels which included the switch blocks for both doors. I also have the electric mirrors. I know I need the two motors and switches for the windows and locks. The horror story Im getting is the wiring part, etc. Ive been told theres a HUGE wiring harness that spans the interior firewall of the truck connecting the two doors electrically. I've also heard that putting in the window motors from from the old manual crank windows is a nightmare as well along with the locks.

Im already WAY to much money into this to stop now. Can someone
PA LEASE break this down for me as far as what parts I need and installation from here on out?

Thanks,Todd - Allen (Plano) Texas

Old 08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
test

Old 08-28-2006, 09:15 PM
As far as I know the OE power windows should drop right in. Shouldn't be much modification if any. I dont think the STX has any wiring for the power options that you are going to do. I could be wrong. Do a search and find out. Lots of good stuff on this site. I have a '05 XL and put in the Colibri power window kit with express up/down for both windows and a keyless entry system. Had to wire every thing from scratch (minus the supplied harnesses). Wiring was actually a breeze if you do your research ahead of time. The info from all these kind people from this site was my only reference. Good luck

Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey Todd... just up the road from you in Frisco.

I'm doing the same thing to mine right now, just a little more piece-meal than you are. I have an '05 Reg Cab STX. I added a power lock kit several months back, and it works great, and was fairly easy to put in. Just last night I took out the stock manual window regulator on the passenger side and put in an OEM power one. Taking the regulator out and back in was very easy... a lot easier than i thought they would be. I don't have it wired up yet, but I did test with some test wire so I know it works. Just haven't decided how I want to do the wiring.
I have the OEM lock and window switches, but the generic wire connectors I have are a bit big for the OEM switch prongs and I'm afraid I'll end up with a short if the connectors for the wires touch, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do quite yet.
I have the inside of my passenger door apart right now so if you wanna swing by and take a look, you're more than welcome.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Someone did this I think, maybe Chrisadams.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
hey i was jsut wondering do you need to have connectors for the oem factory windows because i have mine and im going to do them this weekend but i was just thinking about cutting off that connector thing and just splicing the wires together ??

travis(north Garland Texas baby)

Old 08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
can you take some pics of your door and post em up b/c im bout to do mine and need some tips on wiring and stuff

Trending Topics

Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
See, I'm trying to use the OEM switches along with the OEM power window regulators. I'm trying to make it look stock when I'm all done (and yes, people will just say I should have gotten the XLT or something, but couldn't afford it at the time, and they didn't offer a power package on the STX in '05).
I think I found some pins to use to hook into the stock switches to run my wires to. I am hoping to run the wires tomorrow night after work, and see how well it works.
I'll take some pics of the door tomorrow and show you what I have so far. As for the windows, I don't have any of the wiring in yet, i just put the regulator in last night.

On another note, Todd & Travis, is your truck a 4x4 or no? Mine's just a 2wd... but we should get together sometime being that we're fairly close...

Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 AM
i have a 2wd and im planning on running the wires on thursday after school if i have time i think its going to be a lot harder for me since i have to do front and back then i will put the regulators in on the weekend idk i just have to see how much time i have

Last edited by travis08; 08-30-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, wiring all 4 doors (scab or screw) will take longer. I haven't purchased anything for my drivers door yet, I wanted to know I could put in the passenger side, get it to work like I wanted and all before I spent money on the parts for the drivers side. Hopefully I can work on it tonite.

I'll take some pics of the door later today and post them up if you still wanted. Like I said, I haven't run any wires for the windows yet, but the wires for the power locks can be seen.

Last edited by BirdmanZX7; 08-30-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
alright well today when i got home from school i started the wiring im done with e drivers door and rear drivers door took like 4 hours to get everything right hopefully the passenger side goes better got swtiches moutned too i hate that damn white block in the dor too but i got around it i but the white block inside the door part so i need to get new boots for the doors then it will be all good

Old 08-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Ah, you have the dreaded white block. I guess i got lucky and don't have to deal with that....

Old 08-31-2006, 09:27 PM
i got the passenger door all done works freat now 3 more to go
sooooo tiring

Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 AM
god i love my power windows best spent money ever

Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I got my passenger side done on Saturday, works great. Now I need to set out and get the parts for the driver side, now that I know I can do it

Quick Reply: MANUAL TO POWER DOORS 05 STX Std Cab