add on wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
add on wiring

howdy all:
ok i recently added a ford factory fog kit, changed the valance and added the switch, no biggie was a quick install, the wiring in brief has a hot to the switch then it go to the relay that powers the lights, again nothing major. my question is im looking at adding some driving lights as well, IF i splice the trigger hot from the 2nd relay " for the driving lights" to the switch that i added for the fogs would that cause to much current flow for the switch ?? the end result would be 1 set of fogs with thier own relay, and 1 set of driving with thier own relay, but using 1 switch to trigger both?

thanks gang

btw way truck is a 2000 f150 5.4 4x2, and the reason for the lights is i drive alot at night in remote rural oklahoma and deer are out and i like seeing the ditches, to aviod them not shoot them i heard you thinking that

again thanks gang

Old 08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Considering only the load on the circuit, a coil on a relay only draws ~.12 AMPon draw in, and steady state hold is ~ .06 AMPs.

You should be good to go, as long as the circuit you used from the factory add on kit, does not have any additional items on it.

Quick Reply: add on wiring