Water in spark plug cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water in spark plug cylinders

Does anyone know of a good way to keep the coil packs from fouling out from a water leak. I have troubleshot the leak as much as possible but cannot seem to find it. I can see the spark plug cylinder that is rusted that obviously is the one retaining water. Any way to seal off this cylinder? My opinion is that this was **** poor engineering from ford. They may as well have put buckets under the hood. I have tried cylicone but with no luck. When we have a hard rain, the trucks starts running like one of the cylinders is not firing. Once it dries out, it runs fine. I was not sure if there may be a trick to solve this.

I am sure that some would say you are limited to fixing the leak, but I was hoping that some off roading guru may have a fix for me.

I have a 2000 Harley f150. By the way, the engine comp. is not the only thing that leaks on this SOB. I have water that drips over my fuses on the fuse panel inside and also where the windshield meets the plastic inside where the passenger side windshield handle is.

Looks like I purchase swiss cheese. LOL. Anyway, insite on these matters is greatly appreciated.

Aqua Man

Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Not that i'm going to be of much help but you are discribing a really bad situation for leaks that will get you more problems down the road than just a plug problem.
The Gem module is under the dash and often gets wet from a windshield leak. This will be expensive and cause all kinds of other problems.
With the extent of the problem, I would consider tradeing off for another truck unless you go to the work and expense to fix all the leaks.
I have an 02 SCREW that is still tight even plowing thru deep water and heavey rain.
The plug boots must be in perfect soft condition and be sealed both at the plug top and the fit around the valve cover.
The COPs need to be tight with no open potting material area seals.
One way you may be able to help the COPs is with a coating of silicone rubber seal on their tops.
The rest of the water intrusion just has to be addressed.
Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Water in spark plug cylinders