Chris Adams...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Adams...Please help

I bought a Crimestopper CS-865RKE and Tesor power door lock kit off ebay.The Tesor actuators have 5 wires and come with a relay module. When I installed the system I didnt use the tesor relay and just used the lock/unlock wires (brown/white) to the crimestopper unit. Is this correct or do I have to use the tesor relay and connect the appropriate 5 wires. Right now, the actuators are not working. The parking lights wont flash 4 times for programming however when the transmitter is pressed the parking lights flash and the horn chirps. Checked all my power connections all seem to be recieving power, even the lock/unlock outputs from the crimestopper when the remote is pressed. If anyone has experience with this system please help. I'm getting real frustrated.
Thanks

Old 02-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't have the 865 instructions right next to me, so bear with me.

On my five wire tesors I think the wires that power the actuators are brown and green. Several others here are blue and green. Are you SURE you have the correct wires? You can test this by touching a hot and a ground to the two wires. There is nothing tricky about the actuators. if you touch power to one and ground to the other they will throw. Very little power is required.

The five wire units are feedback actuators. You do not need the little black module that slaves the two locks to each other.

The relays are built into the 865.
You may need a relay for the lights. Again, I don't have the book handy.
You don't actually need the lights hooked up to use or setup the 865. If you listen after using the little switch to start the setup procedure you can actually hear the relay in the 865 click, telling you it is ready to program.

I think you have some wiring issues.
Check the actuators.
Check the schematic again and see that all the wires are setup correctly.
Chris

Last edited by ChrisAdams; 02-24-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
I don't have the 865 instructions right next to me, so bear with me.

On my five wire tesors I think the wires that power the actuators are brown and green. Several others here are blue and green. Are you SURE you have the correct wires? You can test this by touching a hot and a ground to the two wires. There is nothing tricky about the actuators. if you touch power to one and ground to the other they will throw. Very little power is required.

The five wire units are feedback actuators. You do not need the little black module that slaves the two locks to each other.

The relays are built into the 865.
You may need a relay for the lights. Again, I don't have the book handy.
You don't actually need the lights hooked up to use or setup the 865. If you listen after using the little switch to start the setup procedure you can actually hear the relay in the 865 click, telling you it is ready to program.

I think you have some wiring issues.
Check the actuators.
Check the schematic again and see that all the wires are setup correctly.
Chris
Thanks for the quick reply!Got everything working. I used the blue and green from the actuators. The instructions on the tesors state brown/white are lock/unlock input so I thought they connect to the 865's lock/unlock output. That was the problem. I didn't worry about the setup procedures as the remotes worked correctlly when everything was powered up. Flashing lights, horn chirp and even the dome light. You have no idea how much I appreciate your reply. Thank you so much!

Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Great to hear it's working out for you.
Keyless remote has to be one of the things that once you get used to it, you have got to have it.

Have a great one,

Quick Reply: Chris Adams...Please help