GE nighthawk bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GE nighthawk bulbs?

Does anyone have ge night hawk bulbs? How are they. Are they better than the silverstars or what is the best.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fast636
Does anyone have ge night hawk bulbs? How are they. Are they better than the silverstars or what is the best.
Check these out ...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ght=silverstar

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ight=bulb+test

Grog

Old 02-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say buy the Sylvania SilverStars. I've been using them since they came out and have no issues with them. Like others have said in other posts, these lamps don't last as long as regular halogens, but that's by design..... Some post that it's due to heat, extra wattage, etc..... As a former Sylvania Automotive Lighting Manufacturing Engineer, it's by design.... Shorter lamp life means more sales..... One fact that I will share, Sylvania lamps typically far exceed their design life, so this shorter lamp life really shouldn't be an issue.

When you guys buy automotive lamps at the parts stores or where ever, be sure to look at the lamps carefully. Look for even spacing between the filament legs and the mounts (or lead wires they are welded/crimped to) this one characteristic will aid in selecting a lamp that lasts longer. This holds true for any lamp, regardless of manufacturer.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have (had) both NH and SS. I bought into the GE hype and bought a set at Wallyworld. I installed one each in the headlights.
The NH has the same light output as the SS but the light is much more yellow. The SS also has a more 'filled' light pattern, the NH was splotchy.
The best bulbs are the Eurolite Fusion but I got tired of replacing them every 10 months. So the Silverstars are the best I've found so far. Still, I consider them overpriced.

Fritz

Quick Reply: GE nighthawk bulbs?