need HELP urgent PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need HELP urgent PLEASE!

i have a 2002 f-150 4x4
i hade a problem 1 mourning it wouldent shift, after much trouble i found that the wipers and interior buzzer and lights wouldent work either , so i found fuse 15 was blowen , i replaced it i drove it everything was fine, it also efects the cruise control, when the fuse is blown i bypass the shift lockout and drive it the cruise wont work either, but this fuse #15 has blown out almost every night for a month
ANY IDEAS?

Old 02-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Please use a descriptive title. I usually skip threads with panic titles.

F15 supplies the GEM module (which supplies other things, including control of the wipers, cruise, and more) and the brake pedal switch (BPP) for the purpose of controlling the shift interlock.

I'd check for damaged wiring at the BPP switch.

If no fault there, it's probably a short in the GEM module, in which case, hope your windshield isn't leaking...

Steve

Old 02-13-2006, 09:50 PM
i apreciate your answer , the problem i have with this is i shut the truck off at night get out and the interior light is working, when i get in it in the morning the fuse has blown, over night with nothing on, im afraid this might be one of those cruise control problems that burns these trucks up! im i possiably correct?
thanks AL

Old 02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The cruise switch won't blow that fuse, it'll blow F13 (if at all).

If in doubt, just unplug the cruise switch until you can get the recall performed.

Steve

Old 02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
ok ill try that where do i find the cruise switch to unplug?
thanks AL

Old 02-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On your '02, Fuse #15 in the central junction box (under the dash) feeds the GEM as well as the brake pedal position switch and the brake pressure switch. If the brake pressure switch fails, it can short out causing the fuse to blow. Loss of power to that circuit also causes a loss of power to the brake pedal position switch, which is what feeds the brake lights, as well as the brake-shift interlock.

Mounted to the front of the brake master cylinder, there is a brake pressure switch. Unplug this switch, THEN replace your fuse and you'll be fine. The brake lights and brake-shift interlock should again function normally, and the switch will need to be replaced. Your truck should be affected by the recall, and I suspect that your switch is leaking and you'll qualify for the emergency replacement parts right-away. Any dealership should have the parts available to replace your defective switch.

Let us know how it turns out.

-Joe

Quick Reply: need HELP urgent PLEASE!