Electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Electrical?

My 97 ford is doing some strange things.
some times when you shut off the key the windows well still work or not some times the heater fan stays on until mounring and the battery is dead or not. now the head lights stay on or not. Or they come on again after you have walked away from the truck. so now i can't trust the thing so i disconnect the battery to save the battery for the mounring start for work. Any body got any good suggestions. better then the ones my friends have been giving me?

Last edited by Purge Gold; 02-01-2006 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2006, 11:57 PM
sounds like you might have a problem with the ignition switch.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 AM
my 97 off road was doing same thing ,didnt know what was up w that.Eventually started with tranfer case locking in,no speedo,dead battery,flashing OD light. See threaded below. Just got truck back from dealer last night after 4 trips in to find problem. Finally found problem was leak in windshield,water dripped onto GEM and power Dist Box.. Kind of noticed it would act up on days w precip or heavy frost

Old 02-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Red face To wet for comfort

Well I read here some were about some moisture from a leaking windshield, so i put a ceramic heater in the cab while i was at work. That seem to do the trick. I had noticed a lot of moisture in the cab when driving, we are in are rainy season (32 days straight) but I must have a leaking windshield, or something.

Quick Reply: Electrical?