Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirrors

Got a 99 with signal mirrors and was wondering if the 2000 mirrors would fit directly on the truck, e.i wiring and all. The mirror backing is peeling and all and I was wanting to switch it out with a mirror where the signal isn't behind the mirror. Thanks

Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am guessing you are talking about the Muth signal mirrors on your 99. If these were the Muth mirrors, they swapped my out under warranty. They sent me a new set of glass to change them out. With you being the 2nd owner, I don't know if they would do it.

If you are changing to the signal mirrors, where the indicator is in the glamor cap, then there is a bit of mod work, to make the new glamor cap work with the old mirror head.

If you are asking are the mirror heads the same, as you are going to do a complete change out, I know the SCrew years are the same, but this is a '01 and on. The 99 to 00 I would say yes, but I can be 100% sure.

If you drop www.oemfordparts.com an email and ask them, Teresa will get back with you fairly quick with an answer, and the cost.

Good luck, sorry I don't have a 100% answer, if it is the 3rd option on the list.

Quick Reply: Mirrors