2001 supercrew f150 power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 supercrew f150 power window problem

i was driving to visit some relatives yesterday, and my son was in the back in his child seat.. he began crying a lot, so i let him play with his power window control (kept him quiet for a little bit).. regardless, the window ended up getting stuck almost all the way down, but not fully down.

i can not control the window from the master console, nor the door. the rest of the windows work fine.

can it be a relay problem, or are they controlled from the same one? can part of a relay be bad, etc? or is the motor just bad?

Daniel

Old 02-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The motor in the rear door has 2 wires to it.

Up Circuit -
Left : power : Y/Blk Ground : Y/Lt Blue
Right : power : Brn ground : Brn/Y

Down Circuit-
Left : power : Y/Lt Blue ground : Y/Blk
Right : power : Brn/Y ground ; Brn

The switch is directly connected to the motor per the 2001 EVTM (page 100-4 ), no relay with it.
This is the same circuit for all 4 windows, and the power roof motor using circuit breaker in the Batt Junction box : 30A

The motor shows it has a circuit breaker in it, but I have never been into one, to see if it can be reset or not. When you take the door apart, and the motor out, take a look to see if there is a circuit breaker button on it or not ???

The checking of the motor can be done from the switch harness, so if you get the door apart, you can find the wires up at the switch control.

Good luck, sorry I have not had this problem myself, just taking some info from the EVTM. Email me if you want me to pull the EVTM picture off the DVD ( pages 100-3 & 100-4 are the complete power window wiring diagrams ).

Quick Reply: 2001 supercrew f150 power window problem