Annoying Horn Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Horn Alarm

I'm new to the board and don't actually own an F150 but my friend does, so this question is for him. I also already tried searching but to no avail. He bought the truck used a few months ago. When the vehicle is running, and a door is open, after about ten seconds an annoying horn alarm goes off with 3 short beeps. I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to disable this horn alarm, without losing all the other door ajar stuff like lights. Thanks for any help you can offer.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it's a '97

Last edited by burgundybeast; 12-01-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is most likely an aftermarket alarm. My truck is an '02 Lariat with factory alarm and remote keyless entry so it does all the light flashing, etc. but the horn does not blow when arming the alarm or if I leave the engine running with the door open while I run back in the house for another cup of coffee. Sounds like someone will have to look at the truck to diagnose what alarm system was installed and how to disable it.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
It is most likely an aftermarket alarm. My truck is an '02 Lariat with factory alarm and remote keyless entry so it does all the light flashing, etc. but the horn does not blow when arming the alarm or if I leave the engine running with the door open while I run back in the house for another cup of coffee. Sounds like someone will have to look at the truck to diagnose what alarm system was installed and how to disable it.
Ahh man, that's what I was afraid of. Would it be so hard to disable the alarm myself?

Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM
You could try to find the wire from the aftermarket alarm to the horn. Most install places will connect to the horn (blue wire) from either inside the steering column wiring harness OR the little 6 wire connector located just to the right of the steering column under the dash around knee level. Unhooking the wire will prevent the aftermarket alarm from honking away....of course this will disable the alarm and any audible confirmations of locked doors, etc....

The alternative is to find the VALET button and try to program the alarm to VALET mode.

Tony

Last edited by TonyPTX; 12-03-2004 at 12:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Annoying Horn Alarm