those bells

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question those bells

help, i spend alot of time on dirt roads and in woods (how odd for a truck owner). i wear seat belt on all paved roads, how do i stop the bells from ringing when my passenger or i don't wear seat belts in woods
thanks
bedman

Old 08-24-2004, 03:38 AM
owners manual should have deactivation procedure to disable beltminder for good and if you buckle and unbuckle once it will disable for that key cycle. you will have to do it again next time you start truck. those are 2 options

Old 08-24-2004, 01:41 PM
if you buckle and unbuckle once it will disable for that key cycle. you will have to do it again next time you start truck
Actually, if your truck is like mine, you don't actually have to buckle the seat belt, Just push in the red release button on the drivers side and voila. it will not chime for the remainder of that trip.

dpostman

Old 08-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Procedures
You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.
BeltMinderTM is a registered Trademark of Ford Motor Company

Old 08-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Wheres the part about standing on your head and clapping your hands twice?

Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
LOOKING FORWARD TO NO BELLS

LEES99F150, THANKS FOR GREAT INFO I WILL SPEND SUNDAY MAKING THE BELLS STOP. WISH ME LUCK#

BEDMAN

Old 09-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Thank God mine is eaither already been disabled or does not have this feature.

But can any one tell me were the darn bell for the door open is?? I have been installing a new radio and this thing is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always taken them out of all my cars and trucks, but can't find this one??

Quick Reply: those bells