Auto Lamp Control Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Lamp Control Switch

Just recently I noted that after shutting off my engine the headlights remained on past the normal delay from the auto lamp delay switch. If fact the lights did not go out at all until I moved the delay switch to the off position. Subsequently, when I move the delay switch to the on position the lights will come on, which is not normal. This happens with the engine off or on. Therefore, I have a feeling something is wrong with the sensor or the switch itself.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd guess that the amplifier under the dash panel might be bad. The reason I say this is that according to the wiring diagram I found at my local library, the light sensor/amplifier is the device that controls the headlights after the ignition is turned off. You might try unplugging the sensor/amplifier when the lights are on past when they should be and see if they go out. If so, the relay or whatever inside the unit may be bad.

The light sensor/amplifier number is YL3Z-13A018-AA for my dad's 2001 F-150 XLT, but yours may be different.

This all assumes you have the factory option and not the dealer add-on or aftermarket.

Hope this helps....Glen

Quick Reply: Auto Lamp Control Switch