Theft System on 2000 F150

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft System on 2000 F150

Okay i have a stupid question I just recently bought my 2000 F150 XL never owned a car or truck with the computer chip in the key.
My F150 does not have power locks or windows. But i do have the blinking theft light on the control panel. How does this work and am i supposed to have a remote for my truck. I only recieved one key thats all from the dealership. Also how can i tell if my theft system is working properly is there a way to test it out. All answers will be really appreciated.

Thanks rdnckf150woman

Old 06-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Testing the factory alarm

With a screen name like that I bet you like that new country song!

Try this: Have key handy to turn off alarm if this works. Roll down a window, lock the door and shut it. Next, reach inside through the window and open the door. Does the alarm sound? I turn mine off with the key fob but you may have to insert your key and turn it forward.

These keys aren't cheap. In the future I suggest you make it a condition of the purchase to include two keys (but you probably already realize that - didn't mean to be smart).

Roger

Old 06-02-2004, 03:33 PM
You don't have a remote or remote features with a 2000 XL. The blinking dash light is normal and shows that the PATS system is operating. Roger is right, you need 2 keys or you will pay extra programming fees AND the dealer should understand and accommodate you with this.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:31 AM
Thanks for answering me guys. Yes i now realize how expensive the key will be i found that out the hard way i went and asked 75.00 for one around here at my ford dealer. Roger i tried that nothing happened thats what got me to wondering if it was working or not. and to answer your question yes i love the new song but i already had a redneck name before the song came out i live in a small redneck town in ga..lol. thanks max for letting me know im not supposed to have a fob thats 100 or more i wont have to spend. my light blinks but no sound when i tried what roger said. like i said thanks again yall for answering my question

Gerry (rdnckf150woman)

Old 06-05-2004, 11:14 AM
You're Welcome !

Quick Reply: Theft System on 2000 F150