The horn is not loud can it be made louder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The horn is not loud can it be made louder?

I notice that the horn on my windstar van is alot louder than the one on my 2001 150 Lariat...Can this horn be set to a louder setting somewhere on the truck ?? It has a door pad and keyless opening remote with a horn/light button...

Last edited by ConcreteGuy; 05-24-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3001 Lariat? LOL.

I've tried finding a louder horn but the small decibel difference is not worth the time and $. There are air horns off JCWhitney but the really loud ones cost $$ and I've been busy spending $$ on other projects. Just search jcwhitney.com and have your credit card ready LOL.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:35 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Swap horns with the Windstar. Actually you have 2 horns. A low and a high. If the low is not working your truck will sound like a ricer. Pull the connector from the second horn and see if the sound changes. If it doesn't change you only had one horn working and the one you unpluged was not working. If it doesn't sound at all you still had only one working but the one that is stilled pluged was not working. If both horns still work and you realy want to change the sounf have a look at Canadian Tire for some air horns.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Quick Reply: The horn is not loud can it be made louder?