Stupid question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid question....

Ok, this is going to be most likely a dumb question. I bought a used 2000 F-150, when I bought it the truck only had one PATS key. that key was not the Ford one either. So the question. Is there an easy way to tell if the truck is equipped with keyless entry? It may be possible that it had it but did not have the remote included, since it did not have the original keys. I asked the dealership and they said they did not know. I want to add keyless entry and have another PATs made. So any recommendations for Keyless entry would be appreciated. Also, I have read that you need to have two prgrammed keys in order to reprogram a new key on your own is this true and if so any estimates on waht the stealership will charge to program a key if I bought one?

As always thanks for any and all responses.

dspillers

Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Premature

Ooops, I had a premature post....I ...uumm...swear....that...that is the first time that ever happened to me. Anyways, after doing another search I found lots of info here on the the keyless entry. I found conflicting info but am pretty sure I do not have it. I could not find a box near the parking brake and when I cycle from off to run eight times I get no locks cycling. But, when there is no key in the ignition I do get a "theft" light flashing. None the less. I appologize for the post before reading all the way and thank everyone for any coming up posts about the other issues.

Dspillers

Old 03-24-2004, 12:44 AM
i had only one key. i was charged $30 to program and $18 per key. i do have keyless entry but locks do not cycle after turning key 8 times. i dont know why. i bought an extra remote on ebay for $10 and just need to program it

Old 03-28-2004, 05:43 PM
keyless entry answer

My truck too had only one key that was not factory. I paid 50$ for the remote , and the service manager programmed it for free. But all that "programming" involved was cycling the locks eight times, and immediately pushing the unlock button. Knowing this I would not pay for programming. Hope this helps!!!

Quick Reply: Stupid question....